- This event has passed.
A Live HK Tangler Workshop via Zoom
July 15, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT$45
Students will create a vibrant and summery tile featuring Heidi’s new tangle “Spynes” on a 6” tall triangle, using Heidi’s “In Living Color Method.”
Date and Time: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 5:30-8:30PM
Time Zone: Eastern Time / GMT-5
Cost: $45.00 USD, as a standalone workshop. This is an intense class that was originally taught over 2 nights.
Summary: Students will use a variety of new-to-most tangling tools to create a beachy, tropical tile that pops off the page!
In this intermediate to advanced workshop of 2 hours and 30 minutes each night you will learn:
- how to create a lovely “tie dye-esque” gradient using Ecoline Watercolor Brush Pens and their colorless blender.
- best practices and materials (including White Gelly Roll) for tangling over color or subtle color, to maximize “color pop,” and ensure clean crisp layers
- how to create depth by shading with grayscale Copic Sketch alcohol markers, and a black Sakura Glaze Pen
- How to use multiple layers of white chalk to create height and shine
- How to use the “Magic EraZing” technique to add tone on tone interest with a Sakura Clear Glaze Pen.