Inktober Without Fear – a 5-Part,Online, Intermediate to Advanced, HK Tangler Workshop
September 15 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT$175
Here are the details for Inktober Without Fear. I am super, super excited to teach this great big project to you!
- Inktober without Fear is a five week workshop that we will do over a 7 week timeframe — Cost is for the five week color course is $175.00 USD ($178 after August 15) inclusive of kits of Daniel Smith Paints shipped to you. Cost is $165 if you provide your own paints.
- Your tuition also includes a $10 per student donation to the beautiful ladies at 7F5R for their hard work on the Inktober project. I will make the donation on your behalf from my collected tuitions.
- The tile will be done on a 12 inch piece of hot press watercolor or quality drawing paper — nice and big and suitable for framing.
- Dates as follows: (All are Thursdays at 5:30 Eastern time)
- September 15th – Background and String
- September 22nd – Week One Tangles
- October 6th – Week Two Tangles
- October 13th – Week Three Tangles
- October 27 – Week Four Tangles
- You may take this class either LIVE or next day video on demand or a combination of the two. Live we will be doing anywhere from 7-10 tangles in one night depending on time. Via video you can do it at home at your own pace, one day at a time throughout Inktober if you prefer! You will have the video the week before you need it to do each tangle on its day of the month. Want to do some live and some via video??? No worries. Come and go from live to video and back again as you please.
- Paints are poured and ready to ship so that live, full color students can have them by September 16th when we do the background. Students outside the US will need to provide their own paints if they register after August 15th.
- The Materials needed will include a large piece of hot press watercolor paper, Daniel Smith paints (that I will send you) or if you prefer — you can take $10.00 off your tuition if you want to use your own paints. You will also need the Staedtler Triplus fineliners that we used for the original without Fear. I recommend the full palette of 60 colors. I do have the six you will need all chosen if you prefer to buy them open stock. You will also need Copic Alcohol Shading Grays, a clear and black Glaze pen, a Uniball 153 as well as other fairly standard materials like a chalk pastel pencil, graphite, a kneaded eraser, etc. The exact materials list is ready, so when you inquire to me below, I will send it to you.
- This is an intermediate to advanced workshop. There will definitely be “homework.” It is quite unlikely that we will get to all the special shading during the live class. That said, I give great direction and you will even get a worksheet for you to record what you will need to finish for any tangles you don’t complete in class.
- You will also need: TRUST. There is no time for me to complete the entire tile (twice, once in black and white and once in color) before I start taking deposits and pouring paints. So you wont know what you are creating until you do it. I have already completed the composition, and the background for the color students, and have started tangling and writing my lesson plans for both this week. So, I DO indeed have a plan, but you wont be able to see the completed tile before committing. As you can see, I have also chosen the colors and have started tangling, and the colors are luscious!
- I am taking deposits — $75 — now to reserve your spot. Specify if you want the four week or the five week class. I will probably cap initial enrollment to 30 so we have a workable and relatively intimate number of students live at anyone time (in my experience usually half and the other half do video). At some point I will switch registration to video only and take a waiting list for live spots. The rest of tuition will be due by September 6th.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com